Considerations for Hiring a Registered Agent for Your LLC
Identifying and hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC is critical for people planning to create, or who have already created, a corporation or LLC. But what exactly are the considerations for hiring a registered agent for your LLC?
Let us just put it this way – if someone were to call you one fine day and ask, “Where may we send this legal document?” you might duck the answer or provide them a wrong address. Recognizing this fact, the governing bodies of the various states made it mandatory for all corporation or LLCs to hire a professional “Registered Agent,” an individual and place in a particular state wherein your legal notices could be sent.
Hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC who will receive all the legal paperwork is the best option to choose so that you don’t lose your business to opportunistic lawyers. You must specify your corporation or LLC’s registered agent at the time of filing your “Articles of Formation.” Hiring a legitimate and professional agent also limits how much confidential data will appear online.
Considerations for Hiring Professional Registered Agents for LLC:
- Legitimate Operating Workplace: Your professional registered agent has to maintain standard business hours. That’s because your legal notices can be served at anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, any weekday. If your agent cannot be served, the lawyer may choose service by publication in the paper. If that happens, you aren’t likely to get notice and may have a default judgment taken against you.
- Maintains Client Confidentiality: A professional registered agent won’t give out your contact information without your permission. This helps protect your privacy, limits lawsuits against the owners, and reduced solicitations.
- Compliance Management: Staying in business requires timely filings with both State and Federal government agencies. A professional registered agent will not only notify you about the filings, but may even provide you with the forms that need to be filed.
- Infinite Mail Forwarding: Each legal document your company receives must be forwarded to people at your company who can act on them. That includes mail from Federal and the State government agencies, including tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Make sure that your agent timely forwards notices to a designated representative at your company. Better yet, ask if you can name many people to receive notices.
- Document Management: As your business grows, keeping track of vital notices can become burdensome. A professional registered agent service maintains copies of each document served so that you can access them online any time of day, any day of the year. Critical documents are just a few clicks away.
Serving companies of all sizes and from all industries alike, a professional registered agents for a LLC can be an important partner in your business’ success.
”The Traub Law Office is simply the best and the highest rated Registered Agent Service in Texas. As a happy customer, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great law firm. With an outstanding reputation, Mr. Andrew Traub and his excellent team are just wonderful. They are... read moreJ. WalkerARINCO Technologies Inc.
”I am pleased with the quality of service and the expedience of concordance received and forwarded to our business address.”C. CurranThe Art of Weddings, LLC
”The Traub Law Office is very professional; great customer service.”Frankie JosephEmmanuel’s Hands Foundation
”Very prompt on sending letters from state. Highly recommend”A. ReddyAravinda Pulakurthi MD PA
”We couldn’t be happier with Mr. Traub’s services. We are located in Michigan and have several companies in Texas that required a local registered agent. Mr. Traub has exceeded our expectations. I can highly recommend him. ”Heather DrouinEenhoorn LLC
I was pleased with the service I received from Texas Registered Agent Traub Law Office, P.C. I set up a company 15 years ago, didn't do anything with it, and didn't think about registered agents. The amount of mail I received, and continue to receive at home is one reason... read morePatrick NorrisLets Talk Common Sense LLC
”Easy to do business with, no problems. Kind of a no brainer.”R. SheldoneTopia LLC
”Andrew Traub and his team serve as an exceptional Registered Agent through performing highly skilled and efficient duties on behalf of their clients.”A. FraverChampion Net Systems LLC
”I appreciated the one-on-one communications. So far your registered agent services have been flawless. Thanks.”AlexProTechKey Secure Credit, LLC
”Fortunately, I haven’t needed to actively utilize Traub’s services for much. I did receive one piece of correspondence at their office, and it was promptly forwarded to me. Other than that, they’re there if we need them, and at a reasonable annual rate!”Jennifer BierdsCountry Swank
”Great very Dependable”S. McClaryMcClary Trucking Inc.
”Andrew Traub, from The Traub Law Office, has been a very responsive to our inquiries. As a registered agent, the company has provided constant communication with our company. The company’s reputation is outstanding and they have so far been a pleasure to work with. ”Reuben IbanezKawali Restaurant
”’The Traub Law Office’ provides an excellent ’Registered Agent Service’ and I would recommend their service to anyone forming a business entity in Texas. They are always helpful and furnish a lot of the best information in a timely way regarding your entity when available. The annual rate was also... read moreD. Lacy IIITexas Property Tax Appeals, LLC
”The Traub Law Office has been very responsive to requests by us, has been very timely with getting us copies of notices that may be sent to him and is most pleasant to work with. I enjoy reading the articles and e-books that he sends my way.”user
”Very easy process and professional.”D. BolandManey Wire & Cable-Southwest, Inc.