Considerations for Hiring a Registered Agent for Your LLC
Identifying and hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC is critical for people planning to create, or who have already created, a corporation or LLC. But what exactly are the considerations for hiring a registered agent for your LLC?
Let us just put it this way – if someone were to call you one fine day and ask, “Where may we send this legal document?” you might duck the answer or provide them a wrong address. Recognizing this fact, the governing bodies of the various states made it mandatory for all corporation or LLCs to hire a professional “Registered Agent,” an individual and place in a particular state wherein your legal notices could be sent.
Hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC who will receive all the legal paperwork is the best option to choose so that you don’t lose your business to opportunistic lawyers. You must specify your corporation or LLC’s registered agent at the time of filing your “Articles of Formation.” Hiring a legitimate and professional agent also limits how much confidential data will appear online.
Considerations for Hiring Professional Registered Agents for LLC:
- Legitimate Operating Workplace: Your professional registered agent has to maintain standard business hours. That’s because your legal notices can be served at anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, any weekday. If your agent cannot be served, the lawyer may choose service by publication in the paper. If that happens, you aren’t likely to get notice and may have a default judgment taken against you.
- Maintains Client Confidentiality: A professional registered agent won’t give out your contact information without your permission. This helps protect your privacy, limits lawsuits against the owners, and reduced solicitations.
- Compliance Management: Staying in business requires timely filings with both State and Federal government agencies. A professional registered agent will not only notify you about the filings, but may even provide you with the forms that need to be filed.
- Infinite Mail Forwarding: Each legal document your company receives must be forwarded to people at your company who can act on them. That includes mail from Federal and the State government agencies, including tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Make sure that your agent timely forwards notices to a designated representative at your company. Better yet, ask if you can name many people to receive notices.
- Document Management: As your business grows, keeping track of vital notices can become burdensome. A professional registered agent service maintains copies of each document served so that you can access them online any time of day, any day of the year. Critical documents are just a few clicks away.
Serving companies of all sizes and from all industries alike, a professional registered agents for a LLC can be an important partner in your business’ success.
”I appreciated the one-on-one communications. So far your registered agent services have been flawless. Thanks.”AlexProTechKey Secure Credit, LLC
”Andy Traub Law Office has provided excellent information and customer service.”Mary KrombackIRI West, LLC
”The Traub Law Office has done an excellent job in assisting our Company and giving us the support we need for our business. We plan to use them in the future.”A. LopesTransfire Logistics, LLC
I was pleased with the service I received from Texas Registered Agent Traub Law Office, P.C. I set up a company 15 years ago, didn't do anything with it, and didn't think about registered agents. The amount of mail I received, and continue to receive at home is one reason... read morePatrick NorrisLets Talk Common Sense LLC
”Andrew did an excellent service for me. He carefully carried out all necessary registration procedures, answered all my questions and promptly forwarded me documents.I found reliable partner and professional advisor in my business start-up in Austin, TX. Andrew is strongly recomended person to make business with.”Kirill Slivchikov7Spring Technology
Exceptional service, prompt replies to all e-mails and questionsParag Dadhaniya
”Very prompt on sending letters from state. Highly recommend”A. ReddyAravinda Pulakurthi MD PA
I have only been with Andrew Traub for 2months, but I needed to contact him twice in that time, and I was amazed with how quickly he responded to me. There were cheaper registered agents online, but I feel you get what you pay for, and with this company, I... read moreRobin Ventura
”The Texas Registered Agents services have been excellent, kind, prompt, and very resourceful. Thank you for all your help.”d. padillaATX CINEMA LLC
”Andrew Traub and his team serve as an exceptional Registered Agent through performing highly skilled and efficient duties on behalf of their clients.”A. FraverChampion Net Systems LLC
”He has been very prompt and helpful. I am pleased to work with Andrew.”H. TobinVibraCode
”I have enjoyed the messages and the interesting info sent to us by our registered agent. The previous agent I had never kept in touch nor did he tell us when he was no longer going to be our registered agent. We found out the hard way.” It is a... read moreS. LindsaySmithco Construction, Inc.
”So far I have been very pleased with the service provided by your law firm.”L. Srubasmbq food concepts, inc
”The Traub Law Office has been very responsive to requests by us, has been very timely with getting us copies of notices that may be sent to him and is most pleasant to work with. I enjoy reading the articles and e-books that he sends my way.”user
”Sends out useful information in newsletters, and keeps us up to date on any issues that might be going on in Texas that would effect our business.”D. MontgomeryFMC Transport Inc.