Considerations for Hiring a Registered Agent for Your LLC
Identifying and hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC is critical for people planning to create, or who have already created, a corporation or LLC. But what exactly are the considerations for hiring a registered agent for your LLC?
Let us just put it this way – if someone were to call you one fine day and ask, “Where may we send this legal document?” you might duck the answer or provide them a wrong address. Recognizing this fact, the governing bodies of the various states made it mandatory for all corporation or LLCs to hire a professional “Registered Agent,” an individual and place in a particular state wherein your legal notices could be sent.
Hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC who will receive all the legal paperwork is the best option to choose so that you don’t lose your business to opportunistic lawyers. You must specify your corporation or LLC’s registered agent at the time of filing your “Articles of Formation.” Hiring a legitimate and professional agent also limits how much confidential data will appear online.
Considerations for Hiring Professional Registered Agents for LLC:
- Legitimate Operating Workplace: Your professional registered agent has to maintain standard business hours. That’s because your legal notices can be served at anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, any weekday. If your agent cannot be served, the lawyer may choose service by publication in the paper. If that happens, you aren’t likely to get notice and may have a default judgment taken against you.
- Maintains Client Confidentiality: A professional registered agent won’t give out your contact information without your permission. This helps protect your privacy, limits lawsuits against the owners, and reduced solicitations.
- Compliance Management: Staying in business requires timely filings with both State and Federal government agencies. A professional registered agent will not only notify you about the filings, but may even provide you with the forms that need to be filed.
- Infinite Mail Forwarding: Each legal document your company receives must be forwarded to people at your company who can act on them. That includes mail from Federal and the State government agencies, including tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Make sure that your agent timely forwards notices to a designated representative at your company. Better yet, ask if you can name many people to receive notices.
- Document Management: As your business grows, keeping track of vital notices can become burdensome. A professional registered agent service maintains copies of each document served so that you can access them online any time of day, any day of the year. Critical documents are just a few clicks away.
Serving companies of all sizes and from all industries alike, a professional registered agents for a LLC can be an important partner in your business’ success.
”As a new entrepreneur delving into the small business world, I researched for registered agents, and was pleased with Andrew Traub's LinkedIn page. I called and left a message. He promptly called me back, gave me some tips and recommended point of contact for my particular endeavor. I've enjoyed the... read moreSaul O.Math Protégés, LLC
”The Traub Law Office has been very responsive to requests by us, has been very timely with getting us copies of notices that may be sent to him and is most pleasant to work with. I enjoy reading the articles and e-books that he sends my way.”user
”We couldn’t be happier with Mr. Traub’s services. We are located in Michigan and have several companies in Texas that required a local registered agent. Mr. Traub has exceeded our expectations. I can highly recommend him. ”Heather DrouinEenhoorn LLC
”So far I have been very pleased with the service provided by your law firm.”L. Srubasmbq food concepts, inc
A+ service! Andrew and Rapid Registered Agent have been great assets to my businesses. Andrew is always professional, reliable and sends timely reminders and updates. He's also made himself available via email and phone for questions. I recommend him without reservation and will continue to hire him as my Registered Agent.Nicole Sallie FranklinAttorney, N.S. Franklin Law, PLLC
”I have enjoyed the messages and the interesting info sent to us by our registered agent. The previous agent I had never kept in touch nor did he tell us when he was no longer going to be our registered agent. We found out the hard way.” It is a... read moreS. LindsaySmithco Construction, Inc.
”Getting set up was effortless, and the receipt of state documents is very prompt. I highly recommend Traub Law Office to anyone starting a new business in Texas. ”David PsenickaPlezzus, LLC
”The Traub Law Office is simply the best and the highest rated Registered Agent Service in Texas. As a happy customer, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great law firm. With an outstanding reputation, Mr. Andrew Traub and his excellent team are just wonderful. They are... read moreJ. WalkerARINCO Technologies Inc.
”The Traub Law Office is very professional; great customer service.”Frankie JosephEmmanuel’s Hands Foundation
”Great very Dependable”S. McClaryMcClary Trucking Inc.
"Andrew, you please me to no end. Thank you for the stellar service. I spent probably four hours researching registered agents. I knew what they were, as I've formed three companies here in Delaware. But I needed a Texas registered agent. So I started looking and comparing. Andrew, it was... read moreStephen Worden
”I think your service is easy to use/start using and am very satisfied with the service.”S. WilsonThe Law Office of Robert Steve Wilson, PLLC
”Andrew Traub, from The Traub Law Office, has been a very responsive to our inquiries. As a registered agent, the company has provided constant communication with our company. The company’s reputation is outstanding and they have so far been a pleasure to work with. ”Reuben IbanezKawali Restaurant
”He has been very prompt and helpful. I am pleased to work with Andrew.”H. TobinVibraCode
”Fortunately, I haven’t needed to actively utilize Traub’s services for much. I did receive one piece of correspondence at their office, and it was promptly forwarded to me. Other than that, they’re there if we need them, and at a reasonable annual rate!”Jennifer BierdsCountry Swank