Considerations for Hiring a Registered Agent for Your LLC
Identifying and hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC is critical for people planning to create, or who have already created, a corporation or LLC. But what exactly are the considerations for hiring a registered agent for your LLC?
Let us just put it this way – if someone were to call you one fine day and ask, “Where may we send this legal document?” you might duck the answer or provide them a wrong address. Recognizing this fact, the governing bodies of the various states made it mandatory for all corporation or LLCs to hire a professional “Registered Agent,” an individual and place in a particular state wherein your legal notices could be sent.
Hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC who will receive all the legal paperwork is the best option to choose so that you don’t lose your business to opportunistic lawyers. You must specify your corporation or LLC’s registered agent at the time of filing your “Articles of Formation.” Hiring a legitimate and professional agent also limits how much confidential data will appear online.
Considerations for Hiring Professional Registered Agents for LLC:
- Legitimate Operating Workplace: Your professional registered agent has to maintain standard business hours. That’s because your legal notices can be served at anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, any weekday. If your agent cannot be served, the lawyer may choose service by publication in the paper. If that happens, you aren’t likely to get notice and may have a default judgment taken against you.
- Maintains Client Confidentiality: A professional registered agent won’t give out your contact information without your permission. This helps protect your privacy, limits lawsuits against the owners, and reduced solicitations.
- Compliance Management: Staying in business requires timely filings with both State and Federal government agencies. A professional registered agent will not only notify you about the filings, but may even provide you with the forms that need to be filed.
- Infinite Mail Forwarding: Each legal document your company receives must be forwarded to people at your company who can act on them. That includes mail from Federal and the State government agencies, including tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Make sure that your agent timely forwards notices to a designated representative at your company. Better yet, ask if you can name many people to receive notices.
- Document Management: As your business grows, keeping track of vital notices can become burdensome. A professional registered agent service maintains copies of each document served so that you can access them online any time of day, any day of the year. Critical documents are just a few clicks away.
Serving companies of all sizes and from all industries alike, a professional registered agents for a LLC can be an important partner in your business’ success.
I have only been with Andrew Traub for 2months, but I needed to contact him twice in that time, and I was amazed with how quickly he responded to me. There were cheaper registered agents online, but I feel you get what you pay for, and with this company, I... read moreRobin Ventura
”Fortunately, I haven’t needed to actively utilize Traub’s services for much. I did receive one piece of correspondence at their office, and it was promptly forwarded to me. Other than that, they’re there if we need them, and at a reasonable annual rate!”Jennifer BierdsCountry Swank
”The Traub Law Office is very professional; great customer service.”Frankie JosephEmmanuel’s Hands Foundation
”’The Traub Law Office’ provides an excellent ’Registered Agent Service’ and I would recommend their service to anyone forming a business entity in Texas. They are always helpful and furnish a lot of the best information in a timely way regarding your entity when available. The annual rate was also... read moreD. Lacy IIITexas Property Tax Appeals, LLC
”Very easy process and professional.”D. BolandManey Wire & Cable-Southwest, Inc.
”Andrew Traub, from The Traub Law Office, has been a very responsive to our inquiries. As a registered agent, the company has provided constant communication with our company. The company’s reputation is outstanding and they have so far been a pleasure to work with. ”Reuben IbanezKawali Restaurant
”services excellent”N. ReyesREYAM INC.
”Very happy with services. Mr. Traub has always answered any questions timely and in a professional manner.”K. Burns4B Interests, LLC
”Getting set up was effortless, and the receipt of state documents is very prompt. I highly recommend Traub Law Office to anyone starting a new business in Texas. ”David PsenickaPlezzus, LLC
”Hello, Great Registered Agent! Replies to all of my inquiries promptly.”K. ElemamTour Egypt
”The Traub Law Office has been very responsive to requests by us, has been very timely with getting us copies of notices that may be sent to him and is most pleasant to work with. I enjoy reading the articles and e-books that he sends my way.”user
”Andrew Traub and his team serve as an exceptional Registered Agent through performing highly skilled and efficient duties on behalf of their clients.”A. FraverChampion Net Systems LLC
”I was impressed with how much additional information he provided to help me with my business. Thank you!”H. Ralston100th Monkey Mushroom Farm
”Andrew did an excellent service for me. He carefully carried out all necessary registration procedures, answered all my questions and promptly forwarded me documents.I found reliable partner and professional advisor in my business start-up in Austin, TX. Andrew is strongly recomended person to make business with.”Kirill Slivchikov7Spring Technology
”Andrew Traub provided efficient and timely service that allowed us to set up operations quickly and correctly. His on-going guidance was extremely helpful and we appreciated particularly his rapid responses to queries (both on-line and by phone). We look forward to a long and productive professional relationship with him. ”partnerHoya Partners LLC