Considerations for Hiring a Registered Agent for Your LLC
Identifying and hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC is critical for people planning to create, or who have already created, a corporation or LLC. But what exactly are the considerations for hiring a registered agent for your LLC?
Let us just put it this way – if someone were to call you one fine day and ask, “Where may we send this legal document?” you might duck the answer or provide them a wrong address. Recognizing this fact, the governing bodies of the various states made it mandatory for all corporation or LLCs to hire a professional “Registered Agent,” an individual and place in a particular state wherein your legal notices could be sent.
Hiring a professional registered agent for your LLC who will receive all the legal paperwork is the best option to choose so that you don’t lose your business to opportunistic lawyers. You must specify your corporation or LLC’s registered agent at the time of filing your “Articles of Formation.” Hiring a legitimate and professional agent also limits how much confidential data will appear online.
Considerations for Hiring Professional Registered Agents for LLC:
- Legitimate Operating Workplace: Your professional registered agent has to maintain standard business hours. That’s because your legal notices can be served at anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, any weekday. If your agent cannot be served, the lawyer may choose service by publication in the paper. If that happens, you aren’t likely to get notice and may have a default judgment taken against you.
- Maintains Client Confidentiality: A professional registered agent won’t give out your contact information without your permission. This helps protect your privacy, limits lawsuits against the owners, and reduced solicitations.
- Compliance Management: Staying in business requires timely filings with both State and Federal government agencies. A professional registered agent will not only notify you about the filings, but may even provide you with the forms that need to be filed.
- Infinite Mail Forwarding: Each legal document your company receives must be forwarded to people at your company who can act on them. That includes mail from Federal and the State government agencies, including tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Make sure that your agent timely forwards notices to a designated representative at your company. Better yet, ask if you can name many people to receive notices.
- Document Management: As your business grows, keeping track of vital notices can become burdensome. A professional registered agent service maintains copies of each document served so that you can access them online any time of day, any day of the year. Critical documents are just a few clicks away.
Serving companies of all sizes and from all industries alike, a professional registered agents for a LLC can be an important partner in your business’ success.
”The Traub Law Office is very professional; great customer service.”Frankie JosephEmmanuel’s Hands Foundation
”Sends out useful information in newsletters, and keeps us up to date on any issues that might be going on in Texas that would effect our business.”D. MontgomeryFMC Transport Inc.
”Andrew Traub provided efficient and timely service that allowed us to set up operations quickly and correctly. His on-going guidance was extremely helpful and we appreciated particularly his rapid responses to queries (both on-line and by phone). We look forward to a long and productive professional relationship with him. ”partnerHoya Partners LLC
”Very happy with services. Mr. Traub has always answered any questions timely and in a professional manner.”K. Burns4B Interests, LLC
”Very easy process and professional.”D. BolandManey Wire & Cable-Southwest, Inc.
”Fortunately, I haven’t needed to actively utilize Traub’s services for much. I did receive one piece of correspondence at their office, and it was promptly forwarded to me. Other than that, they’re there if we need them, and at a reasonable annual rate!”Jennifer BierdsCountry Swank
”I am pleased with the quality of service and the expedience of concordance received and forwarded to our business address.”C. CurranThe Art of Weddings, LLC
"Andrew, you please me to no end. Thank you for the stellar service. I spent probably four hours researching registered agents. I knew what they were, as I've formed three companies here in Delaware. But I needed a Texas registered agent. So I started looking and comparing. Andrew, it was... read moreStephen Worden
”He has been very prompt and helpful. I am pleased to work with Andrew.”H. TobinVibraCode
”I have enjoyed the messages and the interesting info sent to us by our registered agent. The previous agent I had never kept in touch nor did he tell us when he was no longer going to be our registered agent. We found out the hard way.” It is a... read moreS. LindsaySmithco Construction, Inc.
”Andrew did an excellent service for me. He carefully carried out all necessary registration procedures, answered all my questions and promptly forwarded me documents.I found reliable partner and professional advisor in my business start-up in Austin, TX. Andrew is strongly recomended person to make business with.”Kirill Slivchikov7Spring Technology
”Andy Traub Law Office has provided excellent information and customer service.”Mary KrombackIRI West, LLC
”Since it has been uneventful it is great!”C. BarberWillaKenzie Estate, Inc.
”’The Traub Law Office’ provides an excellent ’Registered Agent Service’ and I would recommend their service to anyone forming a business entity in Texas. They are always helpful and furnish a lot of the best information in a timely way regarding your entity when available. The annual rate was also... read moreD. Lacy IIITexas Property Tax Appeals, LLC
”The Texas Registered Agents services have been excellent, kind, prompt, and very resourceful. Thank you for all your help.”d. padillaATX CINEMA LLC