Louisiana Registered Agent Service
The state of Louisiana requires LLCs and corporations filed in Louisiana to have a Registered Agent. Louisiana state law (RS 12:1-501) requires that business entities continuously maintain within the state a registered office and a registered agent. The purpose of the law is simple: the general public and government agencies need a reliable way to contact a business.
Louisiana Registered Agents are a person or company designated on public record to accept legal documents (service of process) and notifications from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office on behalf of the corporate entity. There are few restrictions regarding who can be listed as a Registered Agent, the most important being that the Registered Agent must be located and available at a physical street address, within the state of Louisiana, during normal business hours.
Your Louisiana Registered Agent will be responsible, on your behalf, to receive all government notifications sent to Registered Agents and litigation (service of process) documents.
What are the Duties of my Louisiana Registered Agent?
- To accept all service of process (notification of a lawsuit) on your behalf
- To accept official mail from the Secretary of State on your behalf
- To forward all your official documents to you immediately
- To maintain a registered office in the State of Louisiana (physical address, not a PO box)
- To stay open during regular business hours to accept certified mail and service of process on your behalf
Appoint Rapid Registered Agent, LLC as your Louisiana Registered Agent
Our rates are among the lowest in the industry, yet we offer more services and features than the other registered agents.
Here are some of the benefits of our service:
- Sign up and register a company in under 5 minutes
- Manage multiple companies from one place
- Easily manage multiple states for each company
- Multiple people can receive notices
- Notices are sent instantly to each person
- Notices can be sent by fax at no additional cost
- SMS text messages can be sent as well at no additional cost
- Generate state documents instantly from within your dashboard
- Early renewal notices emailed to you
- Compliance notices available from your profile